Thursday, November 25, 2010

Reflections on Thankfulness

Earlier this week it hit me, Thanksgiving is this week!  Oh man.  When you live far from America its really easy for these holidays to sneak up on you.  I found myself this week really wishing I had spent more time this year pondering what I am thankful for.  Ok yes, if you ask me I will allow things like "roof over my head," "food," "family," and "God" to roll of my tongue without really giving it much thought.

I think the reason why I, and maybe you too, don't spend much time actually being grateful for the simplest things in life is because we get stuck thinking we have a "right" to them.  It is easy for me to surround my head with thinking that I deserve a nice flat, I deserve good quality food, I deserve a good family, I deserve God's grace.  Whoh there.

I don't deserve any of those things, but I have them.

So today, and for the rest of the week (I get to celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday) I hope that you will join me in refocusing your heart in being thankful for those things that we don't deserve, yet God has blessed us with.

Just a few other things I am ever thankful for...

My bestest ever friend Lauren, we don't talk often or even hang out that much but she still understands my heart better than anyone else on this earth

Coffee.  Enough Said.

Facebook, Skype, Twitter, iTunes.  All the lovely pieces of technology that keep me sane here in Poland

Tucker, he has been the cure to loneliness over the last 3 years

Greg & Erin, they helped me come back to life here in Poland.  They are amazing and have this awesome heart for the youth of Poland

The youth at the Club who keep me laughing and make me feel like a part of this crazy family

All the people back in the US who are faithfully supporting me financially every month so that I can be here doing what I love and seeing God change lives



Photo courtesy of  JojoDee

No comments:

Post a Comment