Monday, April 4, 2011

That's All I am Asking

One month ago a childhood friend came to me.  "I want to take you on a date."  I hemmed and hawed, but eventually replied, "I will give you one date, just one."  He replied, "That's all I am asking."

Dinner and a movie with slight undertones of awkwardness came and went.  A few days later he said to me, "I want to date you."  I thought and prayed, listened to my heart.  Replied to his anxious heart, "I will date you, let you pursue me, but I will not be your girlfriend just yet." He answered, "That's all I am asking."

Over the next few weeks we learned about our love of building things together.  We also became addicted to Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Salsa Verde.  Legos, puzzles, grocery store trips, LOST...somewhere in there we found something special.

Late one night my phone rang. "Will you be my girlfriend?" "Yes," I immediately replied. "I have no idea where this will go, but I want to be your girlfriend."

"That's all I am asking."

Happy one month since our first date, Dev!  You make me smile and feel so loved.  Thanks for being patient with my heart.  I can't wait to see where this goes!  Go Rockies!

2 comments:

  1. And what a great month it has been :-)

    But you forgot to mention the part where I waited on pins and needles, all the while finding it totally worth it to be with you.

    Thank you for showing me God, life, adventure, and the importance of patience in the last month. May we both continue to find God in this relationship and may we continue to find out more interesting things about each other along the way.

    I like you...Go Rockies

    ReplyDelete